Thursday, June 19, 2008

Missing A Day In The Life of ..... ME!!

Wow Everyone I have got to tell you all something....I have lost an entire day by sleeping it away. I have been doing some amazing visualizations for relaxing so I can heal better from the surgery, well maybe not better but faster and easier on this old body...hahahahaha. And I tell ya, it has been working so very very well that Tuesday night I went to sleep with these beautiful images in my head and the next thing I knew it was noon Wednesday. I ate a sandwich, took my morning doses of meds which is consists of Lyrica, Tramadol, and Lexapro...then I took my vitamins, crawled back into bed, got comfy again and I was out!! I woke up again at 7pm to go potty, went in and said Hi to my mom, eat some dinner that she saved for me,(God Bless MOMS!!) because I missed eating with them, took my evening meds which consists of Lyrica and Tramadol, crawled back into bed, got comfy again and I am just now waking up again and it's after 2am Thursday morning....so I completely missed out on the entire day. And I contribute it all to the relaxation techniques that I have been doing.....it has been simply amazing!! I must admit that I do feel really good right now and ready to tackle the world, but I know I must stay in this bed at least until 7am when I can get up, shower, and get ready to head out for my 2 doctor appointments I have along with some other running I would like to attempt for the first time since having surgery....curious as to how this SCS really works and I am ready to give it a good work out!! Staying in this bed is about to drive me insane, I mean I can't even sit in the living room with my mom or anything, I mean I totally understand why they would prefer me not to move too much but crap ola man, this has been long enough and I need to test drive this puppy I have driving inside me!! Gotta make sure I got my money's worth ya know!!

Wonder if I will be able to go home this weekend....I would love to, but not sure if I can or not. I was doing the math and it has only been a little over 2 weeks since the surgery....man it feels so much longer.....and since the doctor explained to me where all the stitches are and how there are so many that they don't even count them and how I have to heal from the inside out....well I have been taking that all into consideration and I am now starting to doubt if I can drive the 2 1/2 hours to make it back home this weekend, but the testing today will let me know exactly how much I can take or not take. Should be a really good day of testing, with lots of trials and tribulations, but one I am sure I will conquer!!
Of course I will let you all know how it all went, but I can't promise it will be tonight, I might be sleeping my life away again....hahahahaha.

Anyway, just wanted to share that with you all because I am having such an amazing experience with the visualization techniques for relaxation...of course it is part of my coaching packages, but I hadn't had a reason to try it on a healing issue when surgery is involved....but it really helps!!

Hope everyone is having an Amazing Day!!

~Many Blessings~


1 comment:

Tough Cookie said...

Hello, hello! Thank you so much for keeping Olivia in your prayers. I'm so excited to read your blog :-)