Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Celebrating The "Women Of HOPE" - Journey # 7 - Poem

~Talk to Me~

Come talk to me.
I am just like all of you with rsd.

Lost in a world of pain that only we can feel.
We try so hard everyday to fight the fight of pain.
That no one can see or feel but us alone

We all cry. We want to laugh.

We don't want pity or I'm sorry
We just want to be understood.

I am scared are you too?
That we may never be understood by those who love us.
Oh, they try to help but they can't,
for they will never know what we want.
That we only ask for love and some understanding.

Please never give up!!
For we all share a very special gift.
I call it compassion.

I offer you my ear to listen,

my hand to hold,
tissues to wipe your tears away.
But most of all my prayers, understanding and love

~~Linda~~
2005

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Linda, this poem of yours speaks VOLUMES!!!!

Thank You so much for sharing it with us all!!

~God Bless YOU!~
Coach Marla

Coach said...

Thank you, Linda! Your poem speaks right to the heart. God Bless.

Trudy Thomas (aka TheMatrix777) said...

Linda: That was beautiful and it's just the way I feel too. I have had RSD since Jan 18, 2005.

There has not been a single day gone by without incredible pain.

Thank you for speaking up for everyone with chronic pain issues so beautifully.

I am going to print this out for my husband to read. Since it touched me so deeply, maybe it will touch him too.

GOD bless you,

Trudy Thomas
thematrix777)