Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Journey Of Another RSD Warrior!!

Allow me to Introduce my friend,
Trudy aka TheMatrix777







To My Readers: This is a three-part series involving my latest treatment for my RSD.
The treatment is called
"Trigger Point Injections"

There is no "cure" for
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) .

The top picture is what I looked like BEFORE I got RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy). I was a successful, independent software contractor making a 6 figure salary. So basically, I was very happy....... On Jan 8, 2005 my whole life changed. That was the day of my hand surgery, and my life has never been the same. I had to stop working (forced retirement) and file for disability (SSDI) because I could no longer function without my right hand! A few months later, I lost some use of my left hand too.. and then my legs stopped working. So now I'm confined to a wheelchair.
"So my wages went down to approx $1,000 a month. NO ONE can live on that. But I had to; I had no choice! Remember: I was the sole support of my family......Talk about a stressful situation, this was it!" I cried every night wondering how I could ever find the money to feed my family. I even went to a contract meeting with a client, in a cast, and pretended I was fine, even though inside I was screaming with white, hot searing pain. In the end, I just could not take the contract. There was just no way I was going to be able to bluff my way through and give the client what he paid for.
RSD tends to spread and mine was no different!!!! It spread like a wildfire! Nothing would stop it ...until Tuesday, March 24, 2009, when I got my first "Trigger Point Injection".............. .


Thank GOD for Dr.Kenneth Hampar, M.D. at the Pain Institute of Nevada


Picture #2 AFTER I got RSD. It's a picture of my right hand. Does it look like a hand? Nope. It doesn't. And it didn't work like one either.......... Now, I can't wait for the day when I don't have to have help with cutting up my food; cooking, cleaning, helping me bathe, brush my teeth, brush my hair.........etc. The list can go on forever........but you get the picture. I feel like a baby. Its humiliating...... I want some self-reliance. I want my pride back. I want to not be so foggy that I fall asleep with food in my mouth from so much pain medicine.


Treatment schedule:

1st Trigger Point Injection: March 24, 2009 2nd Trigger Point Injection: March 31, 2009 1 mo Followup: I hope you will join me. I am very excited, especially after the first shot. I have NO PAIN in my RIGHT HAND! (hint: that is the original site of the RSD)

Please remember: No treatment works the same for everyone. It seems to have worked on my hand, at least the first shot did. How long will it last? I don't know. You will know when i know. Will the 2nd one work to sever the pain cycle forever? I don't know... I have all of these questions and more . I'd love you to find out with me. My next shot is Tuesday. I will be writing the next u
pdate the.


Hope to see you soon.

thematrix777



Please click on any of the links in this story to visit her website.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Trudy for allowing me to post your story!!

You are an Amazing Lady!!

Hope everyone will follow you on your site, as I will be doing!!

Blessings,
Coach Marla

Handcrafted Awareness Jewelry said...

Thank you Trudy for sharing your story here. I will be following you on your site to see how you are doing. God bless you.
Hugz,
Belle

angelfmrsd said...

Hi Trudy

Thank you for sharing your story. I feel blessed you are here sharing with others what has helped you and I am so glad you found coach Marla and her site.

Blessings

Kris

Sandy said...

Hi Coach
Love your post, I do hope the trigger points work for you on a continuos basis.

Sandy